Friday, June 27, 2008

Movies: Wall-E ... GO SEE IT


So my husband and I went on a date to see Wall-E tonight. Yes we are adults, no we don't have any children. Yes we like Disney. I have wanted to see this movie ever since I saw the silly little robot put a bra on his head in one of the trailers. When the first showing we tried to see was sold out we almost went to see Hulk or Wanted but my husband was insistent and so we bought the tickets for the later show and went home to make dinner.

Back for our second trip we found a crowded but not completely full theater and settled down to watch the movie.

I have to say I love Pixar. Not just because I love their movies but because no one else puts shorts at the beginning of their movies. The new short is called Presto. And all I have to say is whatever you do... give the bunny his carrot. I laughed out loud several times this cute short really sets the tone for the magnificent movie that it proceeds.

Wall-E was Magnificent!! It was quite possibly the cutest movie I have ever seen. Particularly for a movie where the main characters don't really speak. In fact, the first forty minutes are almost dialogue free. I thought this was going to bug me, but it didn't! The intricate array of beeps and noises that the robots in this film make are adorable and infectious I found myself wanting to squeak on my way out of the theater. It does such a good job of creating character depth with no talking that you find yourself empathizing with a cockroach! I was tearing up throughout most of this movie because it was so consistently cute and touching. Wall-E is beautiful, heartwarming, and simply adorable. I can't sing its praises highly enough. It was well worth the two visits to the theater.

I recommend this movie to everyone. If you have kids take them to see this as soon as you can. You will come out feeling great and your kids will be in love with robots forever. If you don't have kids it doesn't matter, this movie will put you in a great mood, I promise. In fact as we were leaving the theater my husband and I were talking about using it as a mood enhancer when we buy the movie.

Grade: A+++ Kittens Kittens Bunnies Hug Hug Hug (Trust me you'll understand when you see it)

No comments: